- Why Charter NEX
- Contact Us
Better Films for Food and Beverage – Retail Market
From fresh to frozen, Charter NEX Films delivers high-performance film solutions for flexible packaging that protect and preserve while optimizing shelf-appeal. From our state-of-the-art coextrusion and barrier capabilities to our long line of packaging innovations, we offer a variety of solutions.
Typical Products and Properties
Each high-quality film is designed with properties as specified in end-use application. For example:
- Sealability and long-term shelf life are needed in applications such as cheese packaging.
- Peelability, toughness and abrasion resistance within a vacuum package or valved peelable pouch are prevalent properties in coffee packaging.
- Long-term shelf life is an attribute needed in meat snack packaging.
- Excellent organoleptic performance is especially important for pet sensitivity in pet food and treat packaging.
- Optimal oxygen transmission rate (OTR) that maximizes shelf life, along with great flex-cracking and high clarity, is imperative for produce packaging.
- Peelable lidding films are customary in applications such as yogurt and other dairy products.
Other Food and Beverage Film Retail Applications
- Drink Pouches
- Dry Mixes
- Frozen Foods
- Microwaveable Foods
- Baby Food
- Snacks (Nuts, Cookies, etc.)